Hello, fancy meeting you here!

You lovely lot have been let down lately. By yours truly.

You’ve come back to rifle through the blog, you’ve signed up for my Facebook page, you’ve followed me on Twitter… but where the devil have I been?

Playing hooky. Not quite knowing what to do with this blog, to be really honest. I’ve been getting on with my day job… the one that pays! So that I can buy food and stuff, y’know.

But the thing is I feel awful guilty, so I’m back!

But to make this really work, to make it exciting again, I want to start with a lovely blank sheet of paper & see if we can’t breathe some life back into this blog and make sure it serves YOU and ME better. So, I’m handing the paper over to you right now…

What do you want to read about here? Did you like my irreverent round-ups “Boobs in the news” or do you just want to know where to buy bras and swimwear that fits you?

Are you interested in the ‘bigger picture’ of body confidence and making the most of yourself? Do you want to get health, fitness and beauty tips that will help you look & feel the bomb?

Tell me what you want & need from this blog, so I can have a think about SBBH, the next chapter!

Tags: ,

• Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

10 Responses to “Hello, fancy meeting you here!”

1. Katrina says:

Quite honestly, I enjoy everything you post! I don’t know if that’s helpful, though. So I enjoy bra reviews and body confidence posts the best.

2. Catherine says:

Thanks Katrina, that’s lovely to know! I’m very much into “Body Confidence” as an issue, not all small-bust related either. It breaks my heart to hear people deflated by the way they look and I would like to do what I can to encourage people to get closer to loving themselves and enjoying life to the full! I would personally like to do more in this area, so it’s helpful to hear your views! Thanks x

3. Scarlett says:

Aww don’t feel guilty! I’m just glad to hear you’re back in the saddle :) Personally, I like the body confidence posts, both generic and small-bust specific. Posts relating to ways to improve self-esteem by any (healthy) method are always appreciated. Bra reviews are also helpful as many of us struggle to find attractive items in the smaller sizes.

4. Catherine says:

Great, thanks Scarlett for your encouraging words & for your steer on what posts work for you! I hope to give you more of what you want in the coming weeks and months! xx

5. Jamie says:

I come here because I want to have “fellowship” with other small busted women. I feel like everyone is bigger than me and even they want bigger boobs. I feel this undercurrent of pressure that women like me should have surgery and it makes me super mad. So anything related to the normalization of normal is good! Sometimes I see all the pictures from some awards show and think it would be fun to highlight the beautiful actresses or musicians who are natural. Style ideas are good. Lately I’m into just being 100% honest about my figure and not wearing bras that “enhance”.

6. Catherine says:

Jamie, thank you for sharing your motives for reading my blog, it is a really helpful insight. I really want to shape the blog to be just what my readers want so I appreciate you taking the time to tell me that! BTW, you can also get fellowship on the Facebook page where all “likers” are welcome to post their own questions and experiences. http://www.facebook.com/smallbustbigheart Cheers, Catherine xx

7. Karen says:

I’m also fond of all you post, but I too especially like the body confidence stuff. While I’m at a good place regarding the somewhere-between-36AA-and-36A, I’m far from there regarding the rest of me, and it makes me furious that the rest of me can’t catch up with my intellectual awareness that all varieties of human are beautiful.

Also, love the bra reviews, but mostly I can’t bring myself to spend what most of the bras cost, so it’s more like window shopping for me. :-)

Glad you’re still here!

8. Catherine says:

Hi Karen, thanks for your encouragement… I get what you mean about being angry about feeling negative about aspects of your body. Sometimes when insecurity gets the better of you, telling yourself to “snap out of it” just doesn’t work. It can be frustrating to know the vanity of it and yet feel the way you do. I think the most effective perspective I have for those occasions is to try and reason with myself that I should be grateful I am healthy and that appearances are irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. It gives me a powerful dose of guilt when people who are ill or less able have a mighty positive outlook. I’m not saying that ‘reason’ always works, because it doesn’t. Thanks for sharing what’s important to you, I’ll keep this in mind when I’m compiling future blogs.

9. Stacey says:

I am new here and I am so glad I found this site. A little bit about me so you can help me LOL. I have 34 a-b, I am almost 6ft tall and after two kids my boobs look like crap. The tops sag down so it looks like I have nipples hanging on for dear life as the little mosquito bites sag. I buy push up bras and stuff but they make me sad. I do not feel sexy at all when I am naked. When I lay down, they disappear and when I bend down to touch my toes they look like road side cones all yucky. How can I firm them up, make them “fuller” and feel good about myslef in the bedroom? I am 38 and my chest size always bothered me until I was pregnant and they grew. I realized then I never wanted to be big chested like my mom was. I don’t mind having small breasts, I just don’t like the way they look. I try to dress nice in the office but I can’t find the right clothes. I feel as if I don’t have a bra on that smooshes them together to give me clevage than I don’t feel like a woman.

10. Catherine says:

Hi Stacey, Thanks for coming along to the site and for sharing your story. When you say “my boobs look like crap” after having your children, I totally understand where you’re coming from. After breastfeeding my two kids, I thought the same. The texture of my breast tissue when I stopped nursing changed from ‘extra thick cream’ to ‘squirty cream from a can that’s 99% air”… My side view was almost completely flat. There was nothing wrong with the way I looked, with hind sight, but it came as a mighty shock. And, coupled with all the other things that weren’t pinging back into shape after childbirth, I felt like a wreck. Pre pregnancy 32A boobs were fine, when teamed with a pretty foxy flat tummy, and lean thighs. But post pregnancy 32 AA boobs, offset by muffin top and wrinkly mummy tummy, was a bridge too far. My question to you is how long is it since your last baby? My own experience is that it has taken me 3-4 years to get a body I’m truly happy with since I had my last child. I lost the weight pretty quickly, but the tone and elasticity of my skin has been on slo-mo repair! Lots of exercise, mostly walking and yoga, has got my silhouette to where I want it. Boob wise, the strange thing is that over the last year the tissue seems to have bulked up again. If I select the right shape of bra, 32A is now a good fit. I can get a hint of a cleavage wearing the right undies. I’m not bragging!! I’m just wondering if you too might experience slight improvements as time progresses. If you don’t, we need to deal with finding confidence somehow and acceptance of the way you are. At 6 foot tall, I’m guessing you probably have a pair of long legs I’d kill for! Try your hardest to focus on things that “ain’t so bad!”. I’m not preaching, I know this stuff is hard! You’re talking to a girl who covered her legs up for a decade because of thread veins! I hope what I’ve said is of some use? If you want more feedback, would you mind if I put your story on the Facebook page for others to offer advice? Love, Catherine